top of page

Fiance(e) Visa (K-1/-2 Visa) 


If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married, you must file Form I-129F Petitions for Alien Fiancé(e). You must intend to marry each other within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States on the K-1 visa. Once you get married, your spouse can apply for U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency by filing Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. 


If your fiancé(e) has a child who is under 21 years of age, they can come to the United States on a K-2 visa; the child must continue to be unmarried and under 21 years of age for them to be admitted to the United States. Your fiancé(e)'s child can travel with your fiancé(e) to the U.S. or can enter after your fiancé(e) does on the K-1 visa, but cannot come to the U.S. before your fiance(e).  

For more information on your options and how to apply contact attorney Rebecca Carcagno at (734) 999-0360 or

bottom of page